The Dalai Lama's 13 Rules for Life
Dalai Lama's Rules for Living is a simple and easy guide on how to manage our hectic lives. Use these steps to engage life fully, create more balance and beauty every day. Try these principles for a month and see what happens. I think you'll be surprised at how things will change. I would love to hear what happens for you.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.